Monday, September 03, 2007

Labour Day Monthly Post

Uff - just finished the 2008 release. I worked 12 hours a day for the last couple of weeks. True meaning of Labour day for me and my crew (amazing people) was exactly that - Labour. So while most of you enjoyed the Air Show, and all the other Labour Day festivities - we enjoyed our monitors, conference calls, and nightly emails - and only heard the sound of barrier booms from afar, mixed with keyboard typing sounds and occasional dialogs between a developer going nuts and a defenseless laptop (I am assuming it is defenseless because I never heard it reply back:)).

1.The apartment.

I wish I could say there is a lot of progress on this front, but there really isn't much to tell. For lame reasons why it is like that - see the introduction. However I am happy to report several good things
a) I am much more comfortable in the apartment right now and have actually started to call it home. It is been a while since I have had a home - not just a place to spend the night.
b) Financial situation is in stabilization process - after the separation dive (The back theme of this post is definitely the air show that I have missed:)). This means that during this month home will not only feel comfortable - but also become comfortable.
c) I am actually capable of keeping my place clean. (Everything in life is relative:))
d) My superintendents have finally managed to fix the leak - and cheerfully create another. This is actually more amusing than I thought:)
e) No I have not thrown out that empty beer case. It is still on the balcony. Yes I will throw it out. It also has an empty white wine bottle near it- to keep it company:)

2.Personal

I have been spending every bit of time I had with the kids. There are amazing and make me more and more proud every day. Besides no management experience can be ever compared to commanding two+ kids in the pool or lake especially in their current age. If you are in charge of 20 20 year olds - try 2 3.5/1.5 year olds:))

I have understood - through my life experience right now - how important it is for them to feel appreciated loved and sure of themselves. How important it is to
  • never make them scared when they do something wrong.
  • ask their advice even though they are so little.
  • never make any of their misdeeds (and there are plenty:)) personal for them.
  • always tell them that they can achieve whatever they want, and never put them down
  • always approve of them and validate their feelings.
I am now putting all of this into practice. That creates problems between me and other people in their life that have the special forces mentality (break em to make em) when it comes to kids - and kids mentality when it comes to special forces:)

My personal life is pretty much in the same state as before. I am discovering things about myself, that are new to me, and slowly answering the "what do I want from my future?".

I still have Green Eyes in the back of my mind and visit that place a bit too often for my taste.
Somehow she manages to hold on in there even though she does not deserve it . Some questions got answered - some still come up. I don't know why but I still care (for her), and that "why" is a BIG question.

As usual when I am not looking for anything - anything desperately tries to find me. I passed on most of that , went on a couple of dates (with no particular purpose) - and returned with a strong sense of what I DON'T WANT.

One point I would like to make is about Honesty. This is not so much about dating as about relationships between people in general. I have met many people in the last month - and quite a few of them have boasted about their honesty, and how they are looking for honesty in others. I found out that the more someone is "honest" and "looking for honesty" the more that someone is a liar to others, or to him/herself. So please - stop looking for honesty in others - specifically in me - until you find it in yourself.

3.Health Fitness

I am getting into shape, even though not quite there yet. I am now ready to pass firefighter, police or even GTF entrance tests. No I am not planning to change my career to any of these any time soon :-) This is just for fun. Not quite the form for Gibush Shaetet but getting there.


4.Career

Well, the beginning of this post was all about the job. Aside from that the 'A' is now officially dropped from AVP, which does not make any difference what so ever to me. The exceptions are new business cards and some other things that I am not at liberty to discuss in a blog. I still need a vacation. Otherwise - who knows - I might switch a profession or two - at least firefighters have and use their vacations:))

5.Overall

I should just copy that from the previous monthly report.
Some pictures could be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home